This is a very easy toy gun you can make from disposable chopsticks and rubber bands.
- set of disposable chopsticks (the kind that are fused together)
- 2 short pieces cut from a chopstick, about 1.5 inches long
- rubber bands
- box cuter or sharp knife
- small squares cut from cardboard(ammunition)
- Using a very sharp knife or box cutter, score and break off two short lengths from a chopstick.
- Place a rubber band over the skinny end of an unbroken pair or disposable chopsticks and secure with tape.
- Lay one short stick across the chopsticks near the thick end and wrap from underneath with a rubber band. This will create the fulcrum for the trigger.
- Lay the second piece on top of the first, perpendicular and tie down the front with a rubber band. The back will be sticking up. This will be the trigger.
- Pull back the rubber band from the front and place it under the trigger.
- Insert a small square cut from cardboard into the rubber band. Take aim and push down on the trigger and watch it fly.
You have read this article chopsticks / Japanese crafts / toy with the title November 2011. You can bookmark this page URL http://joeseoulman.blogspot.com/2011/11/chopsticks-rubber-band-gun-craft.html. Thanks!