This is a cute little Christmas ornament craft that will look great on the tree.
- plastic cup(drink cup or pudding cup)
- stiff felt for base and sign
- string(red baker's twine was used in the picture)
- red and white striped straw
- green tulle
- lollipop stick
- silver glitter
- tacky spray glue
- push pin or sharp tool to poke a hole
- silver pipe cleaner
- Trace the opening of the cup on stiff felt for the base. Cut outside the line to be slightly bigger than the opening.
- Use a push pin to poke a hole in the bottom of the cup. The one pictured here cracked, but it doesn7t really matter.
- Alternative: Heat a sharp metal implement over a stove like an unrolled paper clip and push the hot metal into the cup to melt a hole without cracks.(Only by an adult!)
- Loop a piece of string and tie a knot. Thread through the hole from the inside until the knot to make a loop fr hanging. Add a spot of glue to keep in place.
- Cut a piece of striped straw to fit inside the cup.
- Cut a small piece of rectangular felt and write, "North Pole". Wrap and glue around the top of the straw.
- Cut pieces of green tulle and wrap around the lollipop stick. Cut the excess off at an angle to make a Christmas tree. Wrap a tiny piece of silver pipe cleaner at the top for a star.
- Alternative: Instead of making a tree, simply use a fake miniature tree from a craft shop.
- Glue the tree and pole onto the felt circle base.
- Put the base in a box, spray with tacky glue and sprinkle with glitter. Allow to dry.
- Pipe glue all around the edge of the felt base and place the cup on top. Allow to dry.
- Hang your homemade ornament on the tree.
Full tutorial with photos from: Domestic Charm
You have read this article christmas / cups with the title Christmas Ornament Cup Craft. You can bookmark this page URL http://joeseoulman.blogspot.com/2012/06/christmas-ornament-cup-craft.html. Thanks!