Here's a fun balloon car toy craft from a Japanese site. Follow the link below for more pictures on how to make this craft.
- corrugated cardboard or plastic cardboard(Pradhan)
- 6 plastic bottle caps
- small drill or other tool to poke or burn a hole into the bottle caps
- 2 bamboo skewers or thin dowels
- a balloon
- plastic tubing or thick straw
- rubber bands
- Cut a rectangle a few inches long from the plastic cardboard.
- Drill or otherwise poke holes in the center of 4 plastic bottle caps for the wheels.
- Tape a rigid strip of plastic or a craft stick to the underside of the cardboard for reinforcement.
- Drill 4 small holes into another bottle cap and 4 matching holes in the cardboard. This is for the rubber bands to go through.(personally, I think this step is unnecessary. You could simply tape the tube to the cardboard.)
- Put 2 bamboo skewers through the holes in the cardboard for the axles and attach the wheels.
- Insert a piece of plastic tubing or straw into the balloon. Tape in place.
- Use rubber bands to attach the balloon to the bottle cap and the cap to the car.
- Blow up the balloon, set it down and watch the car go.
You have read this article Japanese crafts / recycled crafts / science / toy with the title Balloon Car Toy Craft. You can bookmark this page URL http://joeseoulman.blogspot.com/2012/08/balloon-car-toy-craft_10.html. Thanks!