Here's a cute lizard craft made from 2 Popsicle sticks or craft sticks and some pipe cleaners. You can change the color scheme as you like.
- Popsicle sticks or colored craft sticks(You can pint them yourself or buy colored ones)
- pipe cleaners
- google eyes
- black marker
- Cut two, 2 inch lengths of pipe cleaner to make the legs. Cut four, 1 inch lengths. Wrap the 1 inch piece around the end of the leg piece and twist once. Flatten out to make 3 toes. Repeat on the other end. It helps to make a lot of legs in advance before doing the craft in class.
- Cut a 3-4 inch piece for the tail and add a curl.
- Generously glue the leg and tail pieces to one of your colored craft sticks.
- Sandwich another stick on top. Push down and allow to dry. You could also substitute tape to cut down on time.
- Take a marker and decorate the top to look like scaly skin.
- Glue on 2 google eyes.
You have read this article animals / spring / summer with the title Popsicle Stick Lizard Craft. You can bookmark this page URL http://joeseoulman.blogspot.com/2012/09/popsicle-stick-lizard-craft.html. Thanks!